These questions can assist in building intimacy in your relationship. Make sure to set aside time
to do it together in a relaxed environment – put your phones on silent and make sure you won’t
be disturbed too much so that you can give each other your full attention. Remember to
approach this exercise with the eyes of love and an openness to learning. You could have some
background sounds if you like – make the space your space. These questions were shared with us by Sameer Charles, a Mental Professional and Consciousness Coach.
● If you could choose anyone in the world, living or dead, to have in our home as a dinner
guest, who would you choose and why?
● If you could choose the activities to do that would make a perfect day, what would you
● If you had a crystal ball that could tell you anything at all about your life that you don’t
already know, what would you ask it to tell you?
● What’s your favorite childhood memory?
● What are the ten most important things on your personal bucket list?
● When did you last cry about something and what did you cry about?
● If you could wake up tomorrow morning with one new skill or ability, what would you
● What do you like best about our relationship?
● What’s something that you’d like to try, but that you’re too scared to try?
● If all of your friends were asked to describe you, which friend’s description would be the
most accurate and why?
● What was your favorite book (or movie) as a child and why did you like it so much?
● What’s the one thing about yourself that you would most like to change?
● What would be your dream vacation?
● What are three qualities you admire about yourself?
● What are three qualities you admire about me?
● What’s one of your best memories from when we were dating?
● What was your favorite place to go as a child and why did you love it there?
● If you could be any character in a book (or movie), who would you choose to be?
● If all of a sudden you knew that you had 6 weeks left to live, what would you want to do
in the time you had left?
● What three things in your life could you not imagine doing without?
● Let’s say that our house is on fire, but you know that our family members and pets are
safe. What things would you want to rescue from the fire and why?
● If someone gave you enough money to start a business—no strings attached—what kind
of business would you want to start?
● What are the five things that you are most thankful for right now?
● If you could possess one artistic talent (painting, sculpture, composing music, writing,
etc.), which talent would you choose and why?
● If you could be an Olympic or professional athlete, what sport would you choose and
● Do you see yourself in our kid(s)? If so, how?
● When you were a kid, did you think about having kids yourself one day? If so, how many
and what did you imagine doing with them?
● What’s one of the most adventurous things you have ever done?
● If you could have been an eyewitness to any event in history, which one would you
● What do you dream about the most often?
● Which of your parents do you think you’re most like and why?
● What was the first thing about me that attracted you?
● What do you like most about your appearance?
● Over the last five years, how do you think you have changed?
● If you could take a year-long paid sabbatical, what would you do?
● If you had to guess right now, what do you think our kid(s) would choose as a career
someday and why?
● When you think about the future, what do you imagine?
● When you listen to music, do you focus on the words or the music?
● Do you learn new skills or information best by hearing, seeing, or doing?
● If you could plan the perfect date with me, what would that include?
Header image: Newsweek