When you lus for Strawberries, Ice Cream and Cake!
Strawberries and Cream Cuppies
By Farzana Kumandan @sprinklesandspicect
for the strawberries
- Cut up 2 punnets strawberries
- Sprinkle over 2 heaped tsp sugar
- Cover with cling and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
for the vanilla cake
- 250g soft butter or full fat margerine (block)
- 1 cup Castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 2 heaped cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix your butter and sugar until it’s light and creamy.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add in your dry ingredients and mix until it’s smooth and lump free. (You will have a thick batter)
- Spoon the batter into a cupcake cups and bake on 180degrees for 12-15 minutes until cake is slightly golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool. Slice them in the middle and add a generous spread of fresh cream.
- Top with Strawberries.
- Close the top of the cupcake, drizzle some if the strawberry syrup and dust with icing sugar.
As shared on @radio786 this morning. Reminder to tune into Sprinkletime with Farzana Kumandan every Monday @ 10.30 AM on 100.4FM